Springer Storytellers and The Story Collider: Stories About Science
Tuesday · March 3, 2015
Doors: 7:30 pm / Show: 8:00 pmThe Bell House
This event is 21 and overhttps://www.thebellhouseny.com/event/784689/
Join us as Springer (one of the world’s largest scientific publishers) and The Story Collider (a New York-based storytelling cohort) bring actual scientists and researchers to the stage as part of the Springer Storytellers series of events.
You’ll hear five stories about science, told by scientists, about the ways science and their own research has affected their lives and others.
· Michael Feuerstein, Professor of medical and clinical psychology at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences.
· Elizabeth Frost, Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
· COL (Ret) Elspeth Cameron Ritchie, forensic psychiatrist with especial expertise in military and veteran's issues. Most recently Chief Clinical Officer, Department of Behavioral Health, for the District of Columbia.
· Uzma Z. Rizvi, Assistant Professor of Anthropology and Urban Studies at Pratt Institute of Art and Design
· Jeffrey Shaman, infectious disease modeler at the Mailman School of Public Health of Columbia University.
Hosted by Erin Barker and Ben Lillie
The Bell House
149 7th Street
Brooklyn, New York, 11215